700 watt PSU enough for zotac 970 sli???

sanjitsidhu76

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Hi.and thanks for taking the time .... I have a Rig with following::_
i7 4790k 4.0ghz
Zotac Nvidia GTX 970
Asus Maximus 7 ranger
2 x 8 gb hyperx fury kingston
700 watt coolermaster PSU
i wanted to SLI on the GPU ...will 700 watt PSU be Enough to support it??? ... and also can u recommend a couple of coolers which are around $60

Solution
General recommended wattage for sli gtx970 is 750w, but this is based loosely on 3 factors, OC headroom for various platforms, unavailability of quality 700w psus and availability of low quality 700w psus. You are using 2x expensive gpus, an expensive mobo, expensive cpu, none of which anyone would wish to see ruined by the lousy DC outputs, incompatibility with Haswells, and lousy protection circuitry that is prevalent in lower quality psus. The Seasonic S12II, M12-II, Corsair AX or hx/hxi, Antec HCG, CM V would be among your best options at @ 750w.

nikaldro

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
700W are more than enough, but CM PSUs are generally mediocre units (save for high end, more expensive models like the V series).
I'd recommend a seasonic M12II 650-750W, or the S12II if you want to save some money, but the S12II isn't modular.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
General recommended wattage for sli gtx970 is 750w, but this is based loosely on 3 factors, OC headroom for various platforms, unavailability of quality 700w psus and availability of low quality 700w psus. You are using 2x expensive gpus, an expensive mobo, expensive cpu, none of which anyone would wish to see ruined by the lousy DC outputs, incompatibility with Haswells, and lousy protection circuitry that is prevalent in lower quality psus. The Seasonic S12II, M12-II, Corsair AX or hx/hxi, Antec HCG, CM V would be among your best options at @ 750w.

Solution