10/100/1000 WAN and LAN ports What to get?

Hi Everyone, I have a 75Mb connection through Comcast (Cable) into an Asus RT-N16 router with Tomato on it. Everyone is connected wirelessly in my house except me, I've got a netgear 1200 powerline kit to my computer. I want to hook up a PS3 in my room to the internet and want a wired router for just the two things, but I want 10/100/1000 ports so I can keep my happy speeds, I think. I know a lot about computers, but woefully little about networking. Will a basic 10/100 router still allow me the good speeds? Can you recommend me something that's not entirely overkill for my situation? eBay and Newegg are great tools, open to any suggestions.

Solution
If your Internet connection is 75 Mbps, then a 100bT router or switch will be sufficient for maximum Internet speeds. The only benefit of gigabit would be file transfers over your LAN, and future-proofing yourself for when you get an Internet connection faster than 100 Mbps.

I'm not quite sure why you want to get a second router. Are you saying you use the powerline adapter to go from your Asus router to your computer, and you'd like to add a PS3 alongside your computer? Then you don't need (nor do you want) a router. All you need is a switch. And gigabit switches are cheap enough that you might as well get one instead of a 100bT switch. Just buy a 5-port gigabit switch. Plug the powerline adapter in your room into the switch...
If your Internet connection is 75 Mbps, then a 100bT router or switch will be sufficient for maximum Internet speeds. The only benefit of gigabit would be file transfers over your LAN, and future-proofing yourself for when you get an Internet connection faster than 100 Mbps.

I'm not quite sure why you want to get a second router. Are you saying you use the powerline adapter to go from your Asus router to your computer, and you'd like to add a PS3 alongside your computer? Then you don't need (nor do you want) a router. All you need is a switch. And gigabit switches are cheap enough that you might as well get one instead of a 100bT switch. Just buy a 5-port gigabit switch. Plug the powerline adapter in your room into the switch. Plug your computer into the switch. Plug the PS3 into the switch. The switch is programmed to figure everything out by itself, and will forward traffic from both your computer and PS3 over the powerline adapter to your router.

Solution

That's why it's good to ask questions even if they seem silly. Will buy the switch. Thank you for the prompt and full answer. the whole bits vs bytes thing still gets me confused (dyslexic, it's the whole numbers game thing).