980 vs. 980 Ti vs. 970 SLI vs. R9 390x Crossfire

DarkHarsher

Reputable
Jul 22, 2015
I just want to know which one is the best for performance and doesn't have issues like micro stuttering or other stuff.

Single GPU card will be better than SLI/crossfire, as mutli-card setup is known to have stuttering issues. Also, it is recommended to get a single GPU card while building a new PC 'cause SLI/crossfire are preferred by people who haven't got enough money for a new card but the money for same card (which will be older then).

The odds of of micro-stutters is less with a single card, so that leaves just the 980 and 980 Ti. And then the 980 offers a poor value since the introduction of the 980 Ti. Process of elimination leaves just a single 980 Ti.

I feel that I should mention that I have two 980 Ti's installed in my system now and I haven't noticed any micro-stutters.

I will comment first about SLI/XFire.
SLI and XFire is only good if you have already a card and want to add another one.
If do not have any card, a more powerful card is always the better solution.
Multi GPU solution is not always supported by games and could have driver problems (micro stutters, etc.).
Note: I have never seen any driver issues on 2xGTX970s on SLI so far, but based on experience, the risk is always there.

About GTX980, this is not really a good buy. You are paying quite a lot more for something like GTX970 with 0.5GB more RAM. Aside from the extra RAM, it is only 5% faster than GTX970.
GTX980 TI is a good choice. From nVidia, only GTX970 and GTX980Ti have good price/performance value.