Looking for a (~£500-£600) laptop for gaming

Raxnos

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015
Hi. I'm looking for a ~£500-£600 laptop that can pull off pretty good framerates and pretty high graphics settings. I'm not talking everything maxed out, but maybe medium 1080p sort of range.
I'll probably be playing games like GTA V, Fallout 4, Civ 5 and Skyrim.
Any suggestions? Links would be great as well thanks, and if there isn't a laptop for this price, what's the cheapest I could get a good-quality laptop that can play games like this?

Solution
For your budget unless you get a used laptop, you won't get Medium settings on most new games at 1080.

For Medium settings you would need at least a 860m/960m class video card, I don't know of any models with that video card in your price range. Even then you may have slow downs in some games at Medium.

For your price you will be in the 840/940m class at best and that would be at low settings in newer and more demanding games and probably with lowered resolution. Need to either up your budget, settle for slower and less quality or get a used system.

Since you are not in the US I can't offer any direct suggestions but if you look up some systems in stores in your area, sort by the video card and look for ones with an 860m or 960m...
For your budget unless you get a used laptop, you won't get Medium settings on most new games at 1080.

For Medium settings you would need at least a 860m/960m class video card, I don't know of any models with that video card in your price range. Even then you may have slow downs in some games at Medium.

For your price you will be in the 840/940m class at best and that would be at low settings in newer and more demanding games and probably with lowered resolution. Need to either up your budget, settle for slower and less quality or get a used system.

Since you are not in the US I can't offer any direct suggestions but if you look up some systems in stores in your area, sort by the video card and look for ones with an 860m or 960m chip, that is a good mainstream gaming card for most games. 820 is too low, 840/940 is borderline bad for games. If you can find a decent used laptop with over a 860/960 card maybe check those out, testing is key for a used system so get it locally instead of ebay and such.

Solution