Hey guys ,

This is my Rig atm:

CPU : AMD FX8350
GPU: ATi R7 270X (2GB OC)
RAM : 16GB 1600 (11 latency)
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3P.
The game is installed on my SSD.
Drivers up to date!

Im playing Counter-Strike at lowest settings on 800x600 resolution.
I max out at ~~ 240 FPS (Not Stable) but have drops down to 140 at moments....

Any ideas what's going on?
---

Another issue u guys might be able to help is the temperature.

My AMD idles at 42~C (106 F) and when stressed out from CPUID tops at 78C.

Should i buy a new cooler?...

Thanks in advance Guys!!!!

P.S.: Please i want to hit 300 FPS on CS GO , i don't need anyone telling me that the game is playable at lower FPS and how godlike players they are from their laptop.
Thank you.

Solution
You can not, I repeat you can not have 300fps with that graphic card. You can lock your fps with the command fps_max (desired fps) -> example: fps_max 101

Once you find your stable fps with that pc leave it there. Also disable v-sync if you have it on. To have it on 300fps you will need a better graphic card such as GTX970(with max video settings) or GTX960 (lower video settings)

P.S: Do NOT stress your CPU with 3rd party programs. Which cooler do you have now? If you still have stock AMD cooler I recommend buying Hyper evo 212. You can monitor your cpu temp with speccy or hwinfo but don't use 3rd party programs. Go in game play it and after 30 minutes alt-tab to speccy and see the temperatures, if they are below c65 then it's fine...

Proofy

Admirable
You can not, I repeat you can not have 300fps with that graphic card. You can lock your fps with the command fps_max (desired fps) -> example: fps_max 101

Once you find your stable fps with that pc leave it there. Also disable v-sync if you have it on. To have it on 300fps you will need a better graphic card such as GTX970(with max video settings) or GTX960 (lower video settings)

P.S: Do NOT stress your CPU with 3rd party programs. Which cooler do you have now? If you still have stock AMD cooler I recommend buying Hyper evo 212. You can monitor your cpu temp with speccy or hwinfo but don't use 3rd party programs. Go in game play it and after 30 minutes alt-tab to speccy and see the temperatures, if they are below c65 then it's fine. Still I recommend that you buy hyper evo 212 if you have stock cooler.

Solution

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

install amd overdrive and check your cpu's thermal overhead under full load, amd cpu's have low max temps they will throttle at the temperatures you are seeing

Proofy

Admirable

He's seeing that temperature because he's stressing the CPU with 3rd party program which destroys CPUs voltage setting when it's running stress test. I can bet that he will never see that temperature from gaming only.

I'm not sure what the "problem" is.

It's either a CPU bottleneck or GPU bottleneck (and may switch between).

Other than getting a better video card I'm not sure what to recommend as a better CPU means a new motherboard, Windows etc as well.

(I am curious what getting to 300FPS is supposed to do though. I'm sure you know you can't display those many frames. It does help with LATENCY from user input to new displayed frame... or rather PARTIAL frames stitched together since you have VSYNC OFF and thus keep overwriting the video buffer.

So yes, theoretically a higher "twitch" response time but it's my understanding it starts dropping off pretty significantly after 120FPS so I'd highly doubt 300FPS vs 240FPS is something anybody can actually notice.)

Also...
for the record and I know it's expensive but asynchronous 144Hz monitors will give the best twitch gaming experience you can have (FREESYNC and GSYNC).

Proofy

Admirable
I don't want to be disrespectful or rude but have you ever tried to play CS:GO? Even if you have 60Hz monitor there IS a difference between 30fps-60fps and 300fps. 30 - 60 yea you can see that screen stuttering stopped, no more screen lag etc BUT when you got from 60 to 300fps screen is kinda same, maybe you get a bit faster response when your go out of corner of some building and such so the screen isn't the issue, it's the mouse and AIM where you feel the difference between 60 and 300fps. It's easier to aim and control the movements, to catch headshots etc, because it's the first shot that counts in CS:GO you can't go full clip rafal on someone because you won't hit shiet.

To frCake like I said find your best STABLE fps and lock it there using the command I gave you. For the 300fps cap you're gonna need better GPU mate.

Yup! there is differences between 30fps, 60fps, 75fps, 100fps, 144fps an so on.
You can not see more fps than the monitor refresh rate number.
Monitor refresh rate is the max fps you can see.

If you wanna see 300fps you need 300hz monitor...which does not exist...the fastest monitor available is 144Hz, which also means that you can only see max 144fps.

Proofy

Admirable

Correct, I agree with the monitor refresh rate, it's all about that Hz for the screen, my point is for the mouse; 144fps and 300fps does make difference in aiming. Not big but it does, you can feel it if you play the game for months once you go from 300 back to 144 it's not the same. Also if it was the same all pro players would have it fixed on 144fps instead of 250-300 i believe :)

Exeonx

Honorable
Jul 5, 2015

This, I do know asus is working on a new 1440p TN monitor that should reach 165hz, but in general 144FPS is the best you can get for a game like cs:go

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

actually the higher the fps the lower the frametimes and the smoother things will run

you can try it yourself even on a 60hz monitor, set your fps to 100 then compare

thats why csgo players like to do this

If you have 100fps on 60Hz, you see only 60 fps with high potential of screen tearing. (this is where you have VSync, adaptive VSync, and so on)
If you have 300fps on 144Hz, you see only 144fps. (There will be screen tearings but they are not visible to you, since the frame updates are really fast).

Your visible fps in only max the refresh rate of your monitor.
The fastest frame time is also fixed, even with GSync, and that is connected to your monitor's refresh rate.
Nothing will change this fact.

The more fps you have the smoother it will be but the max visible fps is the refresh rate of your monitor.
No one can tell the difference anymore between 144, 200 and 300 fps on an 144Hz monitor.
The 144Hz monitor is like capping the fps to 144 fps a.k.a. the monitor will simply skip the surplus fps.

Sorry! Subjective detection and technical explanation do not fit together.
Anyone who are saying "I can tell the difference between 144, 200 and 300 fps on an 144Hz monitor" are either stupid or nuts.

I am checking out!

Matt Dobe

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
That is not true to an extent Guan. I can definitely tell the difference between 60 and 300fps on some old games even on a 60hz monitor. The screen will not display 300 fps but you can feel the difference in input lag even between 60-125fps.

This takes me back to my Call of Duty / United Offensive days! At 333fps you could somehow cheat by being able to jump higher. There were some jumps only capable at 333fps that would let you get out of the map haha.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

LOL

lower frametimes

look it up

Status
Not open for further replies.