i5 3570(non k) with gtx980/980ti bottleneck?

sizifzmatrany

Reputable
Oct 2, 2015
Hello guys and girls:)

I am considering of buying a new gtx 980 or maybe 980ti. Is there going to be any problem with bottleneck? I have i5 3570 non K @3.4ghz cpu, asusrock zz7 pro 4 motherboard and psu 750w.
Don't know why i didn't buy a K version since the price was the same actualy...

Thank you in advance for your opinions!

Solution
no you wont' have any bottleknecking. Your CPU will drive any single high end card, and some middle to high end SLI/CFX setups

The K version will allow you to overclock, and get a few more FPS. So it's not a big loss for you.
Well a 980 will run with as much CPU as you can toss at it, so yes it will outperform the CPU you have. That depends on the game though, and at 1080p resolution you should not have any issues. Just because the video card has more headroom for a better CPU does not mean that your CPU will be bad for it. You did not say why you are upgrading, makes it really hard to say if getting a 980 is worth it.

sizifzmatrany

Reputable
Oct 2, 2015
Thank you for all the answers!
There is another thing that i want to know...i have sharkoon rex8 case..max length of gpu is 30cm, that is the only information i can find on the website...but what about width and so on? Gtx 660ti is 13.1cm and gtx 980ti 14 cm width. Thanks