Will and FX-8350 bottleneck two r9 280x's in crossfire?

Solution
Meh depends on the game and settings. You also need to consider heat management because your temps can go up more than you expect if you don't have the best airflow. I say do it and overclock your CPU with a water cooler, or at least a good tower cooler. Just keep in mind that you won't see the same performance from your rig as you do in reviews for two 280xs or two 7970s at lower resolutions, but in cases where you are limited by your GPU you will see an improvement. You can also alleviate some stress from your CPU by lower physics detail while turning up shader detail to make the most of your cards.

Geek Jed

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

Right on!!

It might give you a bit better performance, but I don't think it would really be worth it for you. I have an 8350 @ 4.2 and while it's flawless for me, it's probably not enough for someone who's really hard core with seemingly bottomless pockets.

Meh depends on the game and settings. You also need to consider heat management because your temps can go up more than you expect if you don't have the best airflow. I say do it and overclock your CPU with a water cooler, or at least a good tower cooler. Just keep in mind that you won't see the same performance from your rig as you do in reviews for two 280xs or two 7970s at lower resolutions, but in cases where you are limited by your GPU you will see an improvement. You can also alleviate some stress from your CPU by lower physics detail while turning up shader detail to make the most of your cards.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS