i5 4460 + R9 390X tri-x or i5 4690K + R9 390/GTX970?!

snipa14

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015
Hello,
I would like to buy a PC, and im thinking about this:
Motherboard: ASUS H97M-E
RAM: GEIL 8GB Leggera DDR3 1600MHz CL9
(i have SSD and so on)
I want a strong Gamer PC with really good VGA. So what do you prefer?
Do you recommend i5 4460 + R9 390X tri-x ?
Or i can have more FPS with i5 4690K + R9 390/GTX970 on the some price?
(i would like to play in 1080p)
(i dont want to buy i7, i would like to transfer the money to the VGA)

Thanks a lot!
Matthew,

Solution

Hello Matthew, I do not want to keep you from purchasing anything, but I have been experiencing issues with my R9 390x. There are many games that are experiencing major issues, such as hard crashes, it's at the point where they are unplayable. Some of the more popular games...

Darkwolf515

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

Hello Matthew, I do not want to keep you from purchasing anything, but I have been experiencing issues with my R9 390x. There are many games that are experiencing major issues, such as hard crashes, it's at the point where they are unplayable. Some of the more popular games that crash are GTA V, Ark Survival Evolved, COD Black Ops II, etc. The issue has not been fixed after six months, you could wait for a fix or buy a different card. I do not know if this is a driver related issue, or a brand specific issue (MSI, ASUS, etc.). The i5-4690k is a nice CPU (I own one), most GPUs will not be bottle necked with that CPU, the GPU is up to you though. The GTX 970 is a nice card, you will be able to play most games in 1080p on high-very high/ultra, it is not statistically better than the R9 390x, but it has not had any issues that I know of. Like I said you can wait for the R9 390x to be flawless or you could get a GTX 970 for now and then SLI later if you want even better performance, but if you get a second card you will most likely need to pick up an i7 along with it to prevent a bottle neck. Here is a link to a good card http://goo.gl/6Hz8fp and here is a good CPU http://goo.gl/j89B3R (there is a version of this CPU that can be overclocked). I should also note that the "K" at the end of the CPU model means that it can be overclocked, if this is not important to you, the version without the "K" costs a slight bit less. Also here is less expensive RAM with similar performance and more reviews http://goo.gl/eEY9VR. I hope this information helps you in some way, good luck with getting your new hardware.

Solution

snipa14

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015

Hello Darkwolf515, To cut it short i think i will take the i5-4460 with the R9 390X(SAPPHIRE R9 390X Tri-X), beacuse i can wait with these games. And i just want a PC what performs better for the price and could be sized in to a microATX house. And than i think im not going to OC my CPU, i wanted it but i changed my mind. And thank you very much for the links i will consider them and im grateful for your reply Sir.

Darkwolf515

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

I am glad I could be of assistance :), I hope that everything runs smoothly with your build.