FX-6300 Temps with Hyper 212 Evo

jake021396

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
http://prntscr.com/8pcfpu

Thats what im getting while using Prime95 for about 6 minutes now. I ordered an H100i GTX earlier so ill be using that soon but im curious. Are these temps okay? So far it hasn't moved past 59c and right now they are all sitting at 58c stable. I'm current overclocked to 4.4Ghz. Heres my rig.

CPU: AMD FX-6300
GPU: GTX 970 SC 4GB
MB: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
RAM: 16.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
PSU: Corsair CX600
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Solution
Use AMD overdrive to check thermal margin.
Once you get up past 4.5ghz the limiter will most likely be your MOBO mosfets once you get the h100i.

Might need to mount a fan over the NB/Mosfet heatsink like I had to. 4.4Ghz is great on a EVO, getting the h100i will most likely be a waste.

jake021396

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
Thanks for the reply. They havent really moved in a while so i think i found a pretty good spot to stop. for now. How much more do you think i can go up when i get my new H100i GTX?

Use AMD overdrive to check thermal margin.
Once you get up past 4.5ghz the limiter will most likely be your MOBO mosfets once you get the h100i.

Might need to mount a fan over the NB/Mosfet heatsink like I had to. 4.4Ghz is great on a EVO, getting the h100i will most likely be a waste.

Solution

Your mosfets are currently being cooled by the direct airflow coming from the EVO. Once your remove that active cooling with a watercooler, they will run much hotter. Be sure to keep those babies cool too if you want to bump up the clocks even higher :)

jake021396

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
I might just go to 4.5 if that. I think im good at the current clock speed just because i dont think i'd need much more. I'm mostly doing it because i want to beable to run FO4 at like mid to high graphics when it comes out.

jake021396

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
And btw the air from my evo just goes straight through the top of the case. It doesn't touch the mosfets at all. Do mosfets have a sensor on them for use with speedfan?

I doubt you'd have a problem doing that with just stock speeds.

The air generated from your evo will cool your mosfets more than the h100i.
Your mobo has a mosfet temp sensor... if you could make speedfan read that temp then yes, but I've never used speedfan.

Yes really :p

You should be able to get down into the 20s with that cooler. It's pretty much overkill for everything but extreme overclocking.