I7 3770 vs I7 3770s do not Laugh

Suzana Gamer

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
Question, i have a motherboard Gigabyte Z77-d3h.

I found two cpus amazing price, both are used but i need see its worth the price difference.

I7 3770 Non K = $187 USD
I7 3770 S = $156 USD

If i remove the Turbo Technology and increase the pin x4. How much its the Max ghz i can get for 4 cores?.

I heared the i7 3770s the max its 3.5 ghz to quad core and the I7 3770 its 3.9 ghz on the quad core. If this is true then i might just get the I7 3770 but if the I7 3770s can get 3.9 ghz on the 4 cores then i get this without think.

This is my cpu FAN http://techreport.com/review/27543/cooler-master-hyper-d92-cpu-cooler-reviewed

So somebody knows what is the Max GHZ i can get using quad core without turbo technology?

Note this will be a temporal upgrade, i have plans to in january/February upgrade to Skylake cpu. Atm i have I3 and 980 gtx ti but i cant wait to play Metal Gear solid V no!. I do not wish wait until January/february :_:. So i dont mind spend 150 bucks this weekend

Solution
THE cheapest I 5 is around 190 bucks give or take a few dollars where you buy it at ....http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx? Item=N82E16819116942 . That would use a 1150 socket board and ddr3 memory .. I have bought countless cpus on ebay used and never had a bad one yet ...so with that said you have a little more info now to make your decision hope this helps btw the i5 I posted is the slowest of the bunch a 4440 non K and not over clockable for 190 bucks usd...

JBURNS489

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
It is always risky buying a used anything, especially in a PC. You have no idea if the previous owner had good cooling while using it, and if something turns out to be damaged you have no recourse. The hotter the CPU runs, the shorter it's lifespan. A used CPU could have 2 months or 2 years before they go kaput. I would advise you to just buy a new I5, as the price is about the same and the performance difference is small compared to an i7, especially in gaming (like 3-5%)

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Evening,
Sorry I laughed :D

Anyway, just get the 3370, Although the 3370 S would do you well you may as well get the non S version, you said that you're planning to get the new skylake CPU's.

You will need to buy a new motherboard with the socket type 1151 if you want to do that just to let you know which would cost even more money.

Plus most of these 1151 boards only support DDR4 memory which isn't backwards compatible with DDR3 so you would need to get some new ram sticks aswell!

Of course there are risks with buying used CPU's as JBURNS489 Has said but if you don't try you will never know!

Regards,

THE cheapest I 5 is around 190 bucks give or take a few dollars where you buy it at ....http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx? Item=N82E16819116942 . That would use a 1150 socket board and ddr3 memory .. I have bought countless cpus on ebay used and never had a bad one yet ...so with that said you have a little more info now to make your decision hope this helps btw the i5 I posted is the slowest of the bunch a 4440 non K and not over clockable for 190 bucks usd...

Solution