FX-8370 and Asus R9 290X DirectCU II OC bottleneck?

AreFlame

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
Hey everyone, i recently bought my first desktop.
Now im wondering since im seeing wierd numbers when i monitor my pc under load. If you take a look at this image http://i.imgur.com/dEtiNhg.png it should show you that the cpu is 47%. So my question is, is this a bottleneck? If i can double check if it is a bottleneck could you guys assist me in finding out if it gets bottlenecked or not, im also not satisfied with the performance on this card, it should perform better.

Solution
There is no bottleneck at all between those two parts.
Its just that some games, or some parts of games are more system intensive than others.
The FX 8370 is a very powerful processor with lots of cores so it is happily only working at 50% capacity to get the job done.

All those numbers say is that your system is not being tested by that game and both parts are working very well at good temperatures.

Justin Millard

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
There is no bottleneck at all between those two parts.
Its just that some games, or some parts of games are more system intensive than others.
The FX 8370 is a very powerful processor with lots of cores so it is happily only working at 50% capacity to get the job done.

All those numbers say is that your system is not being tested by that game and both parts are working very well at good temperatures.

Solution

AreFlame

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

Thanks for the quick reply, i understand now. One more question tho, why is the cpu running so hot? mine is almost 70 celcius. And my gpu is around 87 celcius.

Justin Millard

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
Those are normal temperatures for both of those parts.
You only need to worry about the FX 8370 if it gets up to 79 degrees and looks like it will keep climbing.

R9 290x is just a hot card. The only thing you can do for it is water cooling, but AMD reckons it works fine at those temperatures.

AreFlame

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

Ok, thank you for helping :)