New graphics card isnt showing display, neither was my old one need help asap please

Hey so my old card seemed to be giving me problems when randomly it stopped giving me a display so I plug my monitor into my onboard graphics and it works, I tried everything and it didn't fix it so I bought a new 960 ftw and a new power supply.

Now it turned on and I pressed start computer normally and it just goes to sleep, this happened once before with my old 550 ti where it turned on and worked for a moment and went to sleep again, the monitor settings are fine and when I put it into the onboard graphics in place it works perfectly. Please help idk if it's the monitor or motherboard or what...
13 answers Last reply
More about graphics card isnt showing display asap
  1. Did you try all PCI slots? Try with a different monitor if you have one.
  2. Don't have any other monitor and only 1 slot on motherboard
  3. How far does your pc boot?
  4. The Darkeye said:
    How far does your pc boot?


    I hear it fully booting but it doesn't even show any display anymore, maybe 1/10 tries I get a display where it asks if I wanna do safe mode n stuff and display goes shortly after..maybe like 5 seconds after I press start normally
  5. And you said that if you connect the monitor to your motherboard, it does work?
  6. The Darkeye said:
    And you said that if you connect the monitor to your motherboard, it does work?


    Yes it works fine when directly into the motherboard sorry for late reply maintenance break
  7. Sipan9000 said:
    The Darkeye said:
    And you said that if you connect the monitor to your motherboard, it does work?


    Yes it works fine when directly into the motherboard sorry for late reply maintenance break


    Sounds like a bad PCIe lane to me then. Do the fans on your GPU try to start at all when you boot?
  8. Daniel Hart said:
    Sipan9000 said:
    The Darkeye said:
    And you said that if you connect the monitor to your motherboard, it does work?


    Yes it works fine when directly into the motherboard sorry for late reply maintenance break


    Sounds like a bad PCIe lane to me then. Do the fans on your GPU try to start at all when you boot?


    Yes of course and so did my last gpu, my power supply is also brand new and works fine
  9. Everything is where its supposed to be I've checked 10 times over to make sure, my monitor is old so I'm using a vga to dvi, my old graphics card had the same setup and it worked perfectly and randomly I got this problem after not using the computer for a week.

    Could it be the motherboard? Idk if it is because I plug into the motherboard and it works perfectly... No idea really need help asap as I need my computer for work really badly.
  10. I suggest borrowing a new monitor to test.
  11. Tried a new monitor still nothing, anybody else have any idea?
  12. Is your motherboard and GPU compatible?
  13. its happened with me and its a driver problem bro just reinstall the last driver and it will work fine
Ask a new question

Read More

Monitors Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics Displays