Will 3 980 ti run triple monitor display

gabriel_p

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
Wondering if 3 980 ti's run 1x1440p and 2x1080, using all 3 monitors to play games like witcher 3 and gta v and ultra settings ALWAYS above 70fps, if not, what will

Solution
I would go 2x980Ti. Sli and crossfire scale poorly after 2 cards and the game and driver support is much worse. Its hard to say exactly what you will get but Id be surprised if you got 70fps minimum at ultra though. I'm just not sure 3 cards would actually perform any better or if the other issues of sli such as microstuttering could be more of an issue with 3. Also the jump in performance from 2 to 3 cards is usually 20%-30% at best
I would go 2x980Ti. Sli and crossfire scale poorly after 2 cards and the game and driver support is much worse. Its hard to say exactly what you will get but Id be surprised if you got 70fps minimum at ultra though. I'm just not sure 3 cards would actually perform any better or if the other issues of sli such as microstuttering could be more of an issue with 3. Also the jump in performance from 2 to 3 cards is usually 20%-30% at best

Solution