R7 370 or 750ti on a Dell T3400 Workstation.

Whizkid97

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 17, 2012
Hello everyone im back on tomshardware after years and i really have a big problem at least for me its big. Some extra detail: I am really not financially stable and have very little money to spend on so please don't consider telling me to upgrade to Core-i or sandybridge or new mobos etc kindly. The reason i bought this machine is that i got it really really cheap!
So after 2 years of constant struggle i finaly put together some bucks to put together a system which can Play: GTA 5, Battlefield 4, Call of duty AW on Atleast high settings on 1280x1024 (DONT SUGGEST FOR MONITOR UPGRADE PLEASE I LOVE THIS RESOLUTION). So i bought a refurbished Dell T3400 for around 65$ from a lot of Dell refurbished machines. I had a very little 120$ budget for the system (as i mentioned im having financial problems but sill the enthusiasm of gaming forced me to buy this system) and i made the lot seller to make some changes in that machine and the final specs are:
Dell Precision T3400 X38 Intel Based system
Dell 525watt Power Supply with 3x12v Rails on 18amp=54amp with Two 6 Pin PCIE Power connector.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0ghz 12mbcache
8gb DDR2 2X4 NON-ECC 800mhz ram
250Gb Western Digital Caviar Blue 7000+rpm i guess.
Nvidia Quadro NVS 290 For Display output. Got this for around 125$
NOTE: the motherboard has two PCI-E Gen 2.0 Slots which are crossfire enabled but not sli enabled it has been confirmed that these two slots provide full 75watt and are properly working PCIE slots for alot of Graphics card. I tested my friend's gtx 660ti OC on it worked flawlessly! AND ALSO: In the case i did some tinkering and got a decent amount for a Big GPU i measured: 12inches of length and 7inches of height. So probably any big gpu will fit easily.

Another NOTE: My main goal is to Play GTA V on high on 1280x1024. Thats all. Im a big fan of GTA games and pc gaming.

THE PROBLEM: So i have strectched a maximum of 145$ for the GPU and in my country the prices of new mid level gpu's are totally out of budget so after alot of exploring my PR. So there's an old friend of mine, he lives in USA and he's coming to Pakistan to celebrate some events here in Pakistan. SO HERE'S my golden chance. I talked with him and he said yeah i will bring anything you like just tell me and i will order it from amazon. So i happily gave him the link of EVGA Gtx 750TI FTW and he was about to order it. But i stopped it when i read the dreadful review made by someone: THAT THE 750TI WONT WORK ON OLD LEGACY BIOS Mobos and it only works with UEFI bios!! damn! so i started to research and found that AMD Graphics card from R9 and R7 series does NOT require any bios specific motherboards!. So still i have 100% doubt that it wont work in my mobo so i finally had to contact you guys to solve my problem because im really not in a position to go in loss and buy a GPU which wont work on my mobo. So please i want suggestions on this problem i hope that someone with enough Dell Information will guide me. The graphics card that im going with is http://www.amazon.com/MSI-R7-370-GAMING-4G/dp/B00ZGF11YS Please review this. Thanks in advance!!!!

Solution
I can't see why it wouldn't run on the workstation.

PCIE Slots 2.0 and 3.0 are backwards compatible and virtually no loss in speed.

MSI has a 750ti that allows you to enable UEFI and Legacy support , but I LIKE THE 370.

Whizkid97

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 17, 2012
@SR-71 Blackbird Yeah bro i was going with the R7 370 also but my main problem is that i dont know if it will support my mobo or not please read the whole thread again. Thanks

Whizkid97

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 17, 2012
@SR-71 Blackbird Thanks for the quick reply bro im really sorry i couldn't reply faster as i didn't have internet connectivity due to some technical faults. As for my problem. Yeah i saw the MSI 750ti card which has a hybrid bios switch but still i read some reviews and even after switching to legacy mode the card didn't go beyond post on some Old HP branded systems, as their reviews said. But for now im just gonna cross my fingers and Order the 370 2G gaming edition by MSI and hope that it will work. My Friend will arrive here in Pakistan on January 2016 hopefully!! Definitely i will get back here and post the complete consequences. Thanks for your quick reply bro, much appreciated!!