Solved

CM hyper 212x vs TX3 Evo

hi guys m thinking of overclocking i5 6600k to around 4.2 or 4ghz. so which is budget efficient to overclock the cpu. i know that 212x can do it bt can the tx3 evo reach there too. coz have a tight budget to buy. is the temp also imp for the choosing of the fan coz m thinking of having deepcool kendomen which has pre installed 5 fans for sufficient air flow in my cramped cpu space.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hyper 212x tx3 evo
  1. TX3 Evo can reach 4.2GHz
    But still I prefer CM 212X. 212X gives you much better temp than TX3
    Deepcool Kendomen is a good Choice for Budget built.
  2. Best answer
    Tomoki said:
    hi guys m thinking of overclocking i5 6600k to around 4.2 or 4ghz. so which is budget efficient to overclock the cpu. i know that 212x can do it bt can the tx3 evo reach there too. coz have a tight budget to buy. is the temp also imp for the choosing of the fan coz m thinking of having deepcool kendomen which has pre installed 5 fans for sufficient air flow in my cramped cpu space.


    Hi,
    I had the TX3 on my i7 2600k , and as RababNoor said, 4.2 Ghz is where the TX3 hits its limit. I have tried on 4.4Ghz but the temps were pretty high for my taste,
    The 212X is better solution, it has bigger cooler and more heat pipes, allowing better cooling. You must know that it also depends on the CPU, if ti overclocks with less voltage, it will produce less heat.
    Meaning if you are able to hit 4.2Ghz with only 1.10 v instead of 1.20v, the difference in temperature will be aprox. 5-7C
  3. Hi,

    I have a CM TX3 Evo on a i5 4440 and it works really well. I would recommend the 212x if you are going to OC.
  4. When running Prime95 28.5 or newer, my i5-4590 reaches 100°C with a TX3 Evo. This is normal, but I wouldn't recommend it with an overclocked i5-6600K.
  5. GhislainG said:
    When running Prime95 28.5 or newer, my i5-4590 reaches 100°C with a TX3 Evo. This is normal, but I wouldn't recommend it with an overclocked i5-6600K.


    DAMN that is seriously hot. My i5 4440 ( I know the boots clock is 400mHz lower) runs 55-57C when running Prime95 ( max heat test) with my CM TX3 Evo. With stock cooler it got to 72-73C. IMO 100C is not normal. I would check the thermal paste and mounting.

    Here is some guys with same CPU ,i5 4590 with WAY lower temps on stock coolers.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2233521/temps-4590.html
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2543056/4590-temperature-80c.html
  6. What version of Prime95? 28.5 or newer or 26.6 that's a lot easier on the CPU? There's a big difference between both versions.
  7. GhislainG said:
    What version of Prime95? 28.5 or newer or 26.6 that's a lot easier on the CPU? There's a big difference between both versions.


    Will check when I get home tonight and let you know.
  8. GR1M_ZA said:
    GhislainG said:
    What version of Prime95? 28.5 or newer or 26.6 that's a lot easier on the CPU? There's a big difference between both versions.


    Will check when I get home tonight and let you know.
    Prime95 and the stock cooler causes throttling when the CPU reaches 100°C. Your temperatures indicate that you are using version 26.6; try 28.7 and you'll see much higher temperatures.
  9. GhislainG said:
    GR1M_ZA said:
    GhislainG said:
    What version of Prime95? 28.5 or newer or 26.6 that's a lot easier on the CPU? There's a big difference between both versions.


    Will check when I get home tonight and let you know.
    Prime95 and the stock cooler causes throttling when the CPU reaches 100°C. Your temperatures indicate that you are using version 26.6; try 28.7 and you'll see much higher temperatures.



    I am using v28.5 build 2
  10. then 212x it is....
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking CPUs Intel i5 Evo