Solved

Game Physx CPU or GPU

Hey guys,

I was wondering if Game Physx are better running on the GPU or the CPU. I am currently playing Batman Arkham Knight and want to maximize the performance my rig is the following

Monitor: ASUS ROG 27 Inch Gsync 1440P
i5 4670K (overclocked 4.5)
16 GB RAM
MSI 980TI Twin Frozer (overclocked 1472 MHZ)
480 SCANDISK SSD

What do you think guys GPU or CPU?

Your help is highly appreciated

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about game physx cpu gpu
  1. Batman Arkham Knight is broken game..... with you specs you can max out any game... But, Batman Arkham Knight is bad port ,So you will have bad performance with this game.
  2. So bad, that Warner Bros is again offering refunds to anyone that has bought the game. This might be the end of Batman Arkham Knights on the PC.

    PhysX on the GPU is the best setting.
  3. Parthu Revanth said:
    Batman Arkham Knight is broken game..... with you specs you can max out any game... But, Batman Arkham Knight is bad port ,So you will have bad performance with this game.


    yea i know it is broken.. am just asking in general whether physx is better ran on the CPU or the GPU.
  4. MarkW said:
    So bad, that Warner Bros is again offering refunds to anyone that has bought the game. This might be the end of Batman Arkham Knights on the PC.


    personally the game is playable i mostly get between 90 and 60 FPS. it fluctuates a lot. the FPS is all over the place basically thats when the Gsync is a blessing :D
  5. Best answer
    aysernasir said:
    Parthu Revanth said:
    Batman Arkham Knight is broken game..... with you specs you can max out any game... But, Batman Arkham Knight is bad port ,So you will have bad performance with this game.


    yea i know it is broken.. am just asking in general whether physx is better ran on the CPU or the GPU.


    PhysX on the CPU , you have overclocked i5 4670k( sorry I didn't see it clearly) .It will handle PhysX better.

    When I am playing Batman Arkham Origins... I got more fps when in use PhysX on the CPU.
    But my gpu was GTX 780 for GTX 980Ti it may be different.

    So go with PhysX on the GPU
  6. Parthu Revanth said:
    aysernasir said:
    Parthu Revanth said:
    Batman Arkham Knight is broken game..... with you specs you can max out any game... But, Batman Arkham Knight is bad port ,So you will have bad performance with this game.


    yea i know it is broken.. am just asking in general whether physx is better ran on the CPU or the GPU.


    PhysX on the GPU


    Cool thanks!
  7. Parthu Revanth said:
    aysernasir said:
    Parthu Revanth said:
    Batman Arkham Knight is broken game..... with you specs you can max out any game... But, Batman Arkham Knight is bad port ,So you will have bad performance with this game.


    yea i know it is broken.. am just asking in general whether physx is better ran on the CPU or the GPU.


    PhysX on the CPU , you have overclocked i5 4670k( sorry I didn't see it clearly) .It will handle PhysX better.

    When I am playing Batman Arkham Origins... I got more fps when in use PhysX on the CPU.
    But my gpu was GTX 780 for GTX 980Ti it may be different.

    So go with PhysX on the GPU

    NEVER set your PhysX to the CPU. It is always slower, no matter what CPU you have. If it seems like it's faster on the CPU, that means the game is not rendering full Advanced PhysX effects.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Games Systems Nvidia GPUs Graphics Cards Physx