Is a 700 Watt PSU enough?

MrHello1

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
Just a quick little question. Im planning on upgrading my pc. With all the new parts and stuff, the total wattage (according to pcpartpicker) will be 688 watts. I'm just curious, will a 700 watt psu get the job done without any issues? Or should I just go for a 750 watt?

Also, Senteys power supplies are on sale on amazon ($60 for a 700 watt which is quite good compared to the other companies prices) so I'm looking into buying one of theirs. How reliable are Senteys power supplies, are they good like other top companies power supplies (evga, corsair, etc)? I don't want it to catch fire or anything lol

You need to list all your parts to make sure you're getting the correct amount of power. Sentey has a few power supplies that are good, made by Super Flower, but those are high end models. Their budget units are not very good. You should plan on getting something better.

csm101

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2007
i suggest you to consider items like psu as a long term investment and get it accordingly. do not think about your current build only cos then the moment you need another 100W in you needs to get another PSU. also please get a 80+ gold version of what ever PSU you decided to buy. the more stable your PSU under load and without load the more safer is your entire h/w items will be.