Solved

PSU needed for SLI

How much psu power do i need to run normally two GTX660 OC cards and amd fx-9350? My current PSU is 650 or 700W but i think its not enough for both.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about psu needed sli
  1. 700 would be enough
  2. what psu do you have no what brand is it?
  3. You have a TDP of ~140W for each card and a minimum system requirement of 450W for one card. So for an SLI, I'd recommend a good quality 750W because you want to leave some power in the tank for the rest of your components and the overclocking capacity. In terms of PSUs, I'd go for the following:
    Seasonic X750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Full Modular Power Supply/Seasonic S12G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Wired Power Supply
    XFX 750W XXX Edition 80+ Bronze Semi-Modular Power Supply
    EVGA Supernova 750w B2 BRONZE SEMI MODULAR 80+ PC Power Supply/EVGA SuperNova P2 750W Platinum Fully Modular Power Supply Unit
  4. The one that im currently using is Fortron Aurum s700 but its peak is 750W and im not sure if it will handle it.
  5. FaktoraBG said:
    The one that im currently using is Fortron Aurum s700 but its peak is 750W and im not sure if it will handle it.


    I was running my 660Ti's on a 620w PSU for three years, your current PSU will suffice.
  6. Mousemonkey said:
    FaktoraBG said:
    The one that im currently using is Fortron Aurum s700 but its peak is 750W and im not sure if it will handle it.


    I was running my 660Ti's on a 620w PSU for three years, your current PSU will suffice.


    Was that 660Ti SLI or not because im curious if i can run SLI GTX660 mine is far more than enough for this GPU and CPU for now. But i was asking if this 700W could handle SLI of two GTX660 OC cards. :)
  7. Best answer
    FaktoraBG said:
    Mousemonkey said:
    FaktoraBG said:
    The one that im currently using is Fortron Aurum s700 but its peak is 750W and im not sure if it will handle it.


    I was running my 660Ti's on a 620w PSU for three years, your current PSU will suffice.


    Was that 660Ti SLI or not because im curious if i can run SLI GTX660 mine is far more than enough for this GPU and CPU for now. But i was asking if this 700W could handle SLI of two GTX660 OC cards. :)


    Yes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics SLI Power AMD Power supplies