Is R9 390 or 390x has driver crashing after amd 15.11 update?

rkrkrk123

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015
I am going to buy one of them in a week.I heard lot of driver crash with windows 10.
What about windows 7?
Should i buy nvidia ?

Solution
It is working fine for me, you need to uninstall and rootout all the nvidia drivers first and than install. Also you need to make sure it gets proper power from your UPS and CPU. My UPS beeps, so I have plugged it directly to the wall board. Also made sure the power limit in after burner is max and had no crash since.

rkrkrk123

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015

I saw there is many driver crash issue thread related to r9 390 series here. so i want to confirm from a r9 390 user that is the card is stable or not with latest updated driver.I dont want to install and uninstall driver whole time with my new graphics card beside playing games.

Sunny Kapoor

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2014
It is working fine for me, you need to uninstall and rootout all the nvidia drivers first and than install. Also you need to make sure it gets proper power from your UPS and CPU. My UPS beeps, so I have plugged it directly to the wall board. Also made sure the power limit in after burner is max and had no crash since.

Solution

rkrkrk123

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015

Thanks.