$700 Gaming PC + Ubuntu/Linux questions

QuadRings

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
Once again, mt brother has flip flopped on what he wants. He now wants to build for cheap. What he wants is to game at 1080p hopefully maxing out settings. The newest game he wants to play is Crysis 3 and Planetside 2 though. Go figure.

He also animates, big time. Drawing too.

Only issue is, his plan was to use Ubuntu along with an app that supposedly runs Windows programs. Is there such an application for Ubuntu? Otherwise, are drawing tablets made by Huion and Wacom supported, along with a drawing program? Are there any drawing programs!?

Sorry, I dont know much about Linux. But here is the build. Any feedback about it and my Ubuntu questions would help alot!
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($194.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H GSM Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($63.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card ($194.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Silverstone PS07B MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($70.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSC0 DVD/CD Writer ($13.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $688.79

Solution
The rigs are good, actually very good. But instead of working with an app that runs windows programs, why not just work on windows os. But since the plan is really to run windows programs on ubuntu then i should recommend you to use Wine, its a great tool for ubuntu to run windows programs. Just download Wine and you will be satisfied.

Mickey_Skyrim

Reputable
Nov 16, 2015
The rigs are good, actually very good. But instead of working with an app that runs windows programs, why not just work on windows os. But since the plan is really to run windows programs on ubuntu then i should recommend you to use Wine, its a great tool for ubuntu to run windows programs. Just download Wine and you will be satisfied.

Solution