Best Sub $100 PC Headset w/ No mic?

Jason Werthman

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
I am more or less looking to get some new audio stuff, I already have a blue yeti so I do not really care about the mic quality of any headset, or preferably I would not like it to have a mic, either way does not really matter, I dont want to spend more than $100 and do not know what would be a good option, I remember someone saying something about the HyperX Cloud II awhile ago but do not know anything about them, thanks to anyone that is able to offer input.

king3pj

Distinguished
I have the HyperX Cloud (not II) and I love it. It was about $100 and it has better sound quality than my $300 wireless Turtle Beach Dolby Digital 5.1 headset even though it's only stereo. If you do insist on simulated surround sound the HyperX Cloud II does support that.

It's also comfortable for long gaming sessions and the mic is removable if you don't need it.

My opinion is that simulated surround sound on a headset is a gimmick but some people like it. The Cloud II might be a good choice because it can be used in stereo or simulated surround sound.