980 ti sli low power usage

Ziad S

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Hello,i just got my second gpu and started doing benchmarks,i only get 70% power usage in the witcher 3 in 4k gets around 40-47 fps and my cpu usage is 100%,and in assassins creed unity i get 55fp with 70% usage only with 50% cpu usage,heaven benchmark gets 70% usage too while cpu around 50%

how can i get them to get above 90% usage?is my cpu bottleneck them?or is it because the cards are from different manufacturers?

specs

cpu i5-4670
gpu1 980 ti strix overcloaked
gpu2 980 ti msi gaming
psu 1000rm corsair
mobo msi z87-65 gaming

Thanks in advance

Solution
you cant fix that, when you SLI GPU's you don't get 200% performance for usage you get roughly around 140-170% depending on the card and the task, this dosent mean there is anything wrong with the card its just most games are not designed to utilise SLI'ed setups so you will not get full usage out of both cards, also the CPU while playing withcher 3, ARK, Fall out 4 and other games at this quality will bottleneck the GPU's

Hawkshot

Admirable
you cant fix that, when you SLI GPU's you don't get 200% performance for usage you get roughly around 140-170% depending on the card and the task, this dosent mean there is anything wrong with the card its just most games are not designed to utilise SLI'ed setups so you will not get full usage out of both cards, also the CPU while playing withcher 3, ARK, Fall out 4 and other games at this quality will bottleneck the GPU's

Solution

Ziad S

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013

yes,but i saw alot of people benchmarking witcher 3 with 980 ti sli while getting 99% on both cards

Hawkshot

Admirable

Hehe its ok :) at least you found what you were looking for :)