i5 760 + gtx960 combo

DC____

Reputable
Nov 23, 2015
Was wanting feedback on pairing an old i5 760 with a gtx960 on an Asus P7P55D-E Pro motherboard, 8GB of RAM@1333Mhz, with modern gaming in mind? Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3...@ 1080p?
I have an i7 860 also which has exact same default clock speeds(2.80Ghz) but has hyper-threading as the i5 does not have HT. Does hyper-threading make much difference with modern gaming as I've read most games are single threaded? Is this true in most cases?

Solution
That combo should fare quite well. Games are becoming increasingly multi-threaded as time continues. I would not expect much bottlenecking, but if any it will be because of the architectural speed of the processor. An i7 if an option would be better, but ultimately there will be a marginal difference. The 960 seems to be a pretty good 1080p card as well

CRITICALThinker

Distinguished
That combo should fare quite well. Games are becoming increasingly multi-threaded as time continues. I would not expect much bottlenecking, but if any it will be because of the architectural speed of the processor. An i7 if an option would be better, but ultimately there will be a marginal difference. The 960 seems to be a pretty good 1080p card as well

Solution