How can I get the most out of my fx 6300 cpu, gtx 760 2 gb video card, and 12 gigs of ram

chrisp99

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
Is there a way I can boost my performance like maybe over clocking the graphics card? I override my video memory in gta and get 30-45 average fps but I was wondering If I can boost the performance.

Onefurrybanana

Reputable
May 13, 2015
You could overclock your gpu for the most performance or even your cpu. Most games use the gpu more so that's where i would start. Please note that you will need decent cooling and a decent power supply if you wish to get a moderate overclock. You can overclock with stock cooling but only small overclock which may add a few frames.

chrisp99

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
Ok I got the corsair cx750m power supply. I got my cou overclocked to 4.5 ghz atm. I have over locked in the past and I got a bsod cuz I don't know much about voltage

Onefurrybanana

Reputable
May 13, 2015
the cx series isn't really a very good series of power supplies but, you can go online and search 760 overclock guide and see roughly what you can reach. I would use either msi afterburner or evga precisionX for the overclocking. Note that all the silicon is different so make sure you monitor your temps. Blue screen could mean either its overheating (to much voltage) or not enough power (not enough voltage) so when you start your overclock make sure to test it. You can run benchmarks or games like gta v and try to stress your hardware just make sure to not push your hardware to much.

Onefurrybanana

Reputable
May 13, 2015
You can try very small overclocks with no voltage change which may give you a couple frames but no heat or something else you could do is turn down the amount of Anti-Aliasing that your using which has a massive impact on performance.

chrisp99

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
I got AA off msaaa is a big performance hog for sure. Got my cpu overclocked to 4.5 ghz and got good temps between 40-50 clcius while playing gta 5 and the base clock is 3.5 ghz

TRENDING THREADS