Fx 6300 to i7 4790k

_Vault_Dweller_

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
Currently I have an Fx 6300 paired with an r9 390 8gb and I am not getting the performance I would like, I have run some tests and bottlenecking seems to be the problem. I am going to upgrade to the intel i7 4790k and want to know just how much of a performance increase should I expect?

Solution
Depends on the game, but in fallout 4 for example expect a large improvement my 6350 does not like fallout 4 its really pushing me to make the upgrade as well.
I went from a much lesser CPU, Phenom II X4 820 to the Intel i7-4790k. Surprisingly the jump isn't as obvious as you would think. In general use it feels about the same as my Phenom. I did some before and after benchmarks and that was the only real way to tell if it was faster or not. It wasn't until I loaded up some games that the upgrade became very apparent.

Don't expect it to blow the doors off but it will be noticeable in some applications like games where you will get a higher average framerate in most cases. Do some before and after benchmarks to see how much of a gain you get from it.