I5 3570- Should I upgrade?

blakes_seven

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
Hi there,
I have an intel I5-370 along with a gigabyte b75m-d3h motherboard. Because of the new skylake CPU's is it worth upgrading or waiting. (I have a 970 gpu as well)

Thanks in advance

Solution
No problem,

CPU hungry games like GTA V will be hard on your current CPU, especially if you have the settings turned up.

As always with finding a time to upgrade, it is always best to upgrade NOW if you need it rather than be miserable and always waiting for the next best thing.
The i5-3750 is still a perfectly good CPU that is able to keep up with most modern games and applications.

Unless you're getting poor performance in your applications there isn't a need to upgrade to Skylake at the moment. If you can wait until the middle of next year when Kabylake is released (the next release after Skylake) you might be able to get a much better price on Skylake components.

blakes_seven

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
Thanks for the reply
My main problem is when running games such as GTA V the CPU maxes out and even then I am struggling to keep 50 fps. Could this be something to do with my CPU or would this be something else bottle-necking it?

No problem,

CPU hungry games like GTA V will be hard on your current CPU, especially if you have the settings turned up.

As always with finding a time to upgrade, it is always best to upgrade NOW if you need it rather than be miserable and always waiting for the next best thing.

Solution