i5, 970, Silent Base 800 - Build Compatible?

dogmaster78

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Hi guys,

If anyone could provide any feedback on my build then that'd be great :)
Basically just a few questions..

- Am I allg with that power supply?
- Is there any issues with this SSD and my graphics card? Say clearance or lack of PCI-E slots?
- Any thing I should be aware off before buying?

23qyvb9.png

Just so you know this is from au.pcpartpicker.com and all prices are AUD :(
Cheers,
Toby

dogmaster78

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah i like gaming and getting into programming etc so yeah..
I know i can cut down a lot on the SSD, where else were you thinking?

Hawkshot

Admirable
it is not fine please change your PSU the CX series are not made for gaming! look for any PSU made by the brand XFX or you could get an EVGA b2/g2 series PSU. apart from that your build is very solid for general gaming.

dogmaster78

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

does it matter than the psu isnt made for gaming?

Hawkshot

Admirable

Yes it dose matter, a low quality PSU like the Corsair CX 600W could cause series damage to the other high quality parts in your computer, ive known low quality PSU's to totally destroy high end GPU's and motherboard before now, but this is your own risk I can only try to give you a warning.

dogmaster78

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

Okay,

Thanks for responding helps a lot, I did some research towards b2/g2 power supplies as you suggested but cannot find a good 500w. Should I invest in a higher power supply, there was a 750w for around the same price, with 80 plus bronze, or could you please link me to a good 500-600w supply

Thanks

Hawkshot

Admirable

the EVGA 650W G2 is usually about the same price as the 550W but it will just give you a bit more overhead, search for the EVGA 650W G2 and you will be fine.