Please help me. My 970 in sli can't handle steady smooth gameplay?

Mcv

Reputable
May 29, 2015
No matter which settings I use, my gtx 970 in sli can not handle clean graphics. I tried everything. from medium to ultra settings. even GeForce experience not getting me anywhere. I feel like I screwed up somewhere messing with the settings. Someone please help me.

Solution
You are welcome:)

Have you tried to use each card alone ?Use both cards one at the time to ensure that the issue isn't on the hardware side.

Also you can try to full unistall drivers using ddu and install latest drivers and try again to play a game.

Feel free to ask :)

Mcv

Reputable
May 29, 2015
Thanks for the quick answer! I have the i7-4790K. I update the drivers as soon as they come out lol and It happens to all my games, sadly.

lifespill

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
You are welcome:)

Have you tried to use each card alone ?Use both cards one at the time to ensure that the issue isn't on the hardware side.

Also you can try to full unistall drivers using ddu and install latest drivers and try again to play a game.

Feel free to ask :)

Solution

Mcv

Reputable
May 29, 2015
The first 970 I had acted a little weird. I had days where it played games smoothly but I spent like 99% of the time playing with the settings lol. I'll try to Uninstall later when I come back from work. But I don't know what ddu is lol

lifespill

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
Sorry i forgot to mention what exactly ddu means.Ddu is display drivers uninstaller you can search it on google,is free and erase everything from drivers folder and has full instructions how to do that.

Mcv

Reputable
May 29, 2015
I also forgot to mention 1 of the video cards is 970 WF OC and the other is G1. the G1 is the one that works normally and windforce has small screen stuttering. I tested both of the video cards separately on medium, high and ultra settings on rainbow six siege. the g1 had better but barely noticeable graphic smoothness but the wf oc had micro screen tears which really has me going crazy. I guess when I do sli I get the screen tearing from the WFOC :(