Best $500 prebuilt gaming pc (must be prebuilt, it's a gift from my mom)

2009buddyboy2009

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
What's the best $500 prebuilt gaming pic? (I would build my own, I did a few years ago for my grandparents, but my mom wants me to give her 2 prebuilt pc's around $500, then she'll surprise me with one of them for Christmas.) yes it can go over $500 but not by more than let's say $30. And I know it won't be a GREAT pc, but I have a spare gtx 750ti laying around. So I'm mainly looking for a good cpu that will last. Also needs a big enough power supply for future upgrades. Thanks! ( this is the most my mom has ever spent on me for Christmas! :) Thanks in advance.

MaxieMooCow

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015
Couldn't you just order all the parts you want and when they arrive let your mum wrap them up :p? Most prebuilt systems in the $500 range from dell, Hp etc will have small power supplies and usually wont have very good cpu's because they need to factor in all the parts. Their are websites here in australia where you can order all the parts and pay $100 and they will put it together, i think if you can find a website like that in your country it would be your best bet. Just get them to have a case,psu,mobo,cpu,ram and then you can chuck your 750ti in it.

2009buddyboy2009

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

:( no sorry I can't, my mom needs it to be a *prebuilt* :(. Any suggestions for a $500-$530 prebuilt pc? I already have a spare gtx 750ti laying around. So mainly looking for a strong cpu and a decent power supply. I also can buy RAM for it, just need to make sure the motherboard supports it.

2009buddyboy2009

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Any suggestions for a $500-$530 •prebuilt• pc? I already have a spare gtx 750ti laying around. So mainly looking for a strong cpu and a decent power supply. I also can buy RAM for it, just need to make sure the motherboard supports it.

The PSU is going to be the issue. Almost no prebuilt outside of used craigslist or ebay stuff is going to have a quality PSU. But for $475 I think this is a pretty decent machine:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4GH3KM2424

And check it out, it comes with a WD Velociraptor so you can game like it's 2003! You probably don't remember those days....they were glorious.

And the leftover $25-$55 can be spent on a new PSU in case the one it comes with blows up.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
Not saying I recommend it but start looking here: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/INTEL_i3_SFF_Configurator
That's what you get in that price range and this particular rig doesn't come with a GPU so you are free to use your 750Ti. The PSU in prebuilts is ALWAYS suspect but you get what you get. AMD CPU's are also available in this price range but don't scoff at the Intel i3-4160, it's stronger than it looks.

2009buddyboy2009

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

Unfortunately I can't answer that as there isn't any information available about the PSU. I would contact the seller (in this case The Server Store). Worst case scenario you can replace the PSU with the extra money since this only cost $475. For $55 you can get a pretty high quality PSU. Or you can get a mediocre one for about $35. But having a prebuilt with an i5 is pretty decent stuff.