r9 390 low wow fps in raids.

ehjoshmhmm

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
I'm getting ~70fps on ultra standing in garrsion, but the drops to ~40ish while moving around. I average ~90fps on "high" settings, with ultra view distance and texture resolution. The bigger problem is in raids. I have my raid settings at good, with high particle density and spell effects. I average from 60-80 fps. In 25 man raids, especially after bloodlust is used my fps will drop to 15-20 fps and will remain at that fps until I reload my UI. I have tried disabling mods to no avail.

I'm going to try select startup and deleting my wtf and cache folders next. Suggestions on how to fix this, or what it could be are greatly appreciated. Yes, I'm aware that wow is an old single core game, and favors intel cpus, but that still does not excuse an fps of below 20.

This is my full build- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NM8D99

FX8320 cpu
r9 390 gpu

I have the current drivers. I have already reinstalled the drivers after wiping them from my comp. including the registry.

ehjoshmhmm

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
If I turn AA to low, I'm able to sustain higher fps. I just feel like something isn't quite right since my gpu is very near top of the line, I feel I should be able to play games at top of the line levels.