Is an i5-6600 > 4690k?

Would an i5 6600 have better performance than a 4690k that was overclocked to around 4.4 - 4.6 GHz? I did the calculation that since 6th gen has around a 15% increase in performance of 4th, the 2 would be the same but is that true? Thanks

Solution

If money is tight, Skylake are getting prices jacked up lately due to supply difficulties it seems; I'd just get the 4690K vs a 6600K, it's not going to be a big enough performance difference to notice while gaming anyway. Just like the last few cpu generation releases; fairly minimal improvement from generation to generation for gaming since the days of the 920s/960s/980Xs. Now if both cost you about the same then by all means get the newer one if they'res little price difference.

If money is tight, Skylake are getting prices jacked up lately due to supply difficulties it seems; I'd just get the 4690K vs a 6600K, it's not going to be a big enough performance difference to notice while gaming anyway. Just like the last few cpu generation releases; fairly minimal improvement from generation to generation for gaming since the days of the 920s/960s/980Xs. Now if both cost you about the same then by all means get the newer one if they'res little price difference.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS