Not 100% if my graphics card is R7 250, need help!

Potatoegamer

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
Now you need to know that my PC is a quite low-end PC. It was sold to my mother as a "gaming PC" at our local store. It's my PC now and I can't buy a new one. It's still costs us money monthly, we are not rich so building a PC won't come into question. I don't have any money and Im a student.

The PC is ASUS K30BF A10-7800
Specs from the store page:
CPU: AMD A10-7800 / 3.9GHz

Chipset: AMD A55 FCH

Memory: DDR3 1600MHz 8Gb (I have added one 4gb so its 12gb now)

Hard drive: 2TB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) (I have added 2 from my old PC, 1,5tb and 500gb)

GPU intergrated AMD Radeon R7

Power supply: 300W (80 PLUS)

Someone im Reddit said that that AMD RADEON R7 is 250 and that I should crossfire it. Can I crossfire? Even if its intergrated? What should I do? Its a factory made PC, so how can I make it better?

Edit; one word was in Finnish

Solution
Yes the r7 250 is one of the compatible chips for crossfiring with the APU you have. To do this you just go to Catalyst control center and setup the crossfire. the 250 and 240 are the only cards you can crossfire with that APU, and you should get great results.

bailojustin

Distinguished
Yes the r7 250 is one of the compatible chips for crossfiring with the APU you have. To do this you just go to Catalyst control center and setup the crossfire. the 250 and 240 are the only cards you can crossfire with that APU, and you should get great results.

Solution

bailojustin

Distinguished

Then if you were to buy a r7 250, you can crossfire that card with your APU. resulting in much better performance. without the 250 no crossfire and your graphics are what your APU the a-10 supply you with.

Potatoegamer

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
@bailojustin

Will my power be enough? Do I need a better power supply? Can I change factory made power supply?
And + could you link me a example r7 250 that I should buy so that I can be 100% sure what im buying :) thnak you very much for help!

bailojustin

Distinguished

this is a card like what I am talking about. Here Make sure that you have at least 20+ amps on your 12v rail on your PSU and you should be fine.