i5 4590 vs i5 4690k

Martin2k

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
I don't that much about CPUs but i know that i5 4690k is said to be the best ''high budget'' cpu.
So i could buy an i5 4590 for 215 eur or I could buy an i5 4690k for 250 eur.

My question is that is it worth to add 45eur more?

Solution
It is only really worth it if you plan to overclock the 4690k. If you don't also have a high-end motherboard to support the overclocking and a good after-market CPU cooler getting the 'k' model wouldn't be the best use of your money.

The i5-4590 is a perfectly good CPU and will be viable for several more years, so if you're on somewhat of a budget I'd recommend sticking with the i5-4590 and putting the 45 EUR towards another part of your system.

Luminary

Admirable
It is only really worth it if you plan to overclock the 4690k. If you don't also have a high-end motherboard to support the overclocking and a good after-market CPU cooler getting the 'k' model wouldn't be the best use of your money.

The i5-4590 is a perfectly good CPU and will be viable for several more years, so if you're on somewhat of a budget I'd recommend sticking with the i5-4590 and putting the 45 EUR towards another part of your system.

Solution

jeffredo

Distinguished
I own both (in two different PCs) and as has been said, if you don't plan on overclocking the i5-4690k there's no reason to spend the extra money for it. I get the same performance in games for the most part (using the same quality settings) when I swap the same video card between them.

Martin2k

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
I'm planning to stream but I'm not going to play demanding games like crysis and etc. only low - normal demanding games like Cs:Go, CoD and MC. Basically games where I have at least 70 fps so i can play on 60 fps. (OBS takes about 10 fps lower)