i5 3300 @ 3.00GHZ (Turbo Mode ON) Reaching 100% Usage @ 2.97GHz

SirJ0K3R

Honorable
Dec 11, 2015
I was looking for new CPUs that were compatible with my MB and then I though maybe I could OC my current one.

I eventually found a thread (probably here) that said that my CPU couldn't be OC'd but it could use Turbo Mode. So I turned it on and went testing.

I checked Task Manager and the CPU Speed would go up to 3.01GHz with Task Manager opened and showing the graphs (Windows 10 if relevant).

Not being satisfied, I downloaded CPU-Z and booted up Chrome and Assassin's Creed Syndicate to check if it would go up (tested ACS because I often get some stutter and that's the main reason for me wanting to know if it's a CPU issue or not because I very much doubt that it's related to the GPU), now the CPU Usage goes up to 100% but CPU Speed only to 2.97GHz.

Any possibility of Turbo Mode not working properly or is it something else?

Also seen here where they said that it will never reach 100% Speed because OS doesn't appear there or something, could the OS be taking 200MHz?

I ask this because, according to Intel's site, this CPU can go up to 3.2GHz

PS: Any opinions about the stuttering are welcome.

Solution
Turbo mode doesn't go as high when all cores are used, and doesn't increase as much when too much heat and power is used. So when a game is completely taxed, you may not see the results you want.