will my i5 750 bottleneck gpu gtx 950 ?

Marvius

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
i was planing to buy gtx 950, but i wonder my current old cpu will bottleneck my new gpu
should i buy a new cpu ?

my spec,
intel core i5 750
gpu radeon 6670
ram 8GB
psu cosair vs 550w

Solution
No, my old i5 750/HD7950 rig was actually nicely balanced with both CPU and GPU getting close to 100% use in games and the GTX950 is about the same in performance: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32899-7.html Toms didn't add the GTX950 when this chart was compiled but it sits a little below the GTX960.
One point; Consider adding a reasonable, cheap CPU cooler and doing a little overclocking, even without really trying I had mine running perfectly at 3.4GHz on a Hyper 212 Plus (the one before the Hyper 212 Evo!) and that extra speed really makes a difference.
No, my old i5 750/HD7950 rig was actually nicely balanced with both CPU and GPU getting close to 100% use in games and the GTX950 is about the same in performance: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32899-7.html Toms didn't add the GTX950 when this chart was compiled but it sits a little below the GTX960.
One point; Consider adding a reasonable, cheap CPU cooler and doing a little overclocking, even without really trying I had mine running perfectly at 3.4GHz on a Hyper 212 Plus (the one before the Hyper 212 Evo!) and that extra speed really makes a difference.

Solution

Marvius

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015

But my current mb is asus p7h55-m lx
I think this mb doesn't support OC
Or any suggestions oc software?

Overclocking is no biggie here, the card you have in mind will be nicely balanced with the CPU, even if you can't overclock it, so don't get too worried or frustrated if the motherboard/software won't play nice, it'll just give a little extra zing if you can.

Looking through the online manual it SEEMS that this board supports at least limited overclocking, try booting the system into the BIOS and check the advanced options for CPU and memory configuration.
TBH I'm a dead lazy overclocker so don't know of any suitable software, all I can suggest is you post on the overclocking forum and keep an eye out here for further replies/help.