r9 380 showing no clock speed and running extremely low fps

Wattam

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
Hi, i've just built a pc using an msi 990fxa gd65 mobo, fx8350, 8gb corsair ram, corsair rm 550x psu, and a gigabyte r9 380 4gb. The problem im having is the graphics card doesnt show up in hwmonitor, with the radeon settings crimson app it shows the graphics card there, but shows unavailable clock and core speeds, and during heaven benchmark on high settings i get a max fps of 8. Is the gpu likely to be faulty or is there a fix for this. Thanks.

Solution
Please remove your graphics card, check for any dust on its golden pins and power connectors. Also try to run your graphics card from a different Pcie slot. Make sure the power cables from psu to your graphics card are connected properly. Let me know if problem still persists.

srimasis

Distinguished
Please remove your graphics card, check for any dust on its golden pins and power connectors. Also try to run your graphics card from a different Pcie slot. Make sure the power cables from psu to your graphics card are connected properly. Let me know if problem still persists.

Solution