$600 Music Production/Gaming PC

lolaboy

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
Hey everyone,

I'm looking forward to build a PC for Music Production. I use mainly FL Studio. I'll be also doing gaming on this build. Not much only games like GTA V, Rocket League, FIFA 2016, Agar.io, Just Cause 3, Watch Dogs, Skyrim, etc. Mainly the first few games. I'll be playing on mix settings - medium and high at 900p and 1080p.
$650 is the maximum budget for this build $750 with the monitor. I'll also be using Photoshop and doing light 1080p video editing.

I'm using 1 year old Dell Inspiron 3000 Series laptop with Haswell Celeron 2955u processor with 8 GB RAM. It's a very weak configuration but it could do decent production but couldn't handle multi plugins.

So I'm thinking to replace this system with a PC below are the parts I selected:

AMD Fx-6300
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB Ram
MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard
Corsair Spec 01 cabinet
Kingston v300 120 GB SSD
Zotac GTX 950 Amp! Edition
WD Blue 1 TB HDD
Corsair VS550 PSU
Cooler Master TX3 Evo CPU Cooler

Is this configuration fine and future proof? Or should I go for i3 6100 instead.

Note: I live in India and a GTX 950 costs almost like a GTX 960. Here the price of each part is more than that in US. Music production is my priority. I'll be using several plugins and doing heavy music production.

Solution
The issue is how do we stand with your increased pricing when compared to the United States? If we had a reference point i.e with INR(Indian Rupees) alongside a site from which you'd prefer to purchase off of then we'd have a form of bearing and a heading. Tell you what you could try and look through this guide and make a follow up post here to help us help you.

If we we're to judge your above specs then the only places for improvement with minimal increment in investment would be to swap out the SSD to something from Mushkin or any other brand available to you and I know for a fact that the Hyper 212 Evo/+ is a better cooler for a little more dough. What sort of instruments are you looking at since input can be a critical...

Lutfij

Titan
The issue is how do we stand with your increased pricing when compared to the United States? If we had a reference point i.e with INR(Indian Rupees) alongside a site from which you'd prefer to purchase off of then we'd have a form of bearing and a heading. Tell you what you could try and look through this guide and make a follow up post here to help us help you.

If we we're to judge your above specs then the only places for improvement with minimal increment in investment would be to swap out the SSD to something from Mushkin or any other brand available to you and I know for a fact that the Hyper 212 Evo/+ is a better cooler for a little more dough. What sort of instruments are you looking at since input can be a critical factor with music production. This reminds me of my Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum back in the days for my audio creation/gaming/rendering machine - good memories :)

Solution