FX-8320 OverClock Help

cratftierspace

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014
I have these parts and I was able to get 4.0 ghz stable and at The CPU vid is 1.4000 and the NB vid is 1.2250 in AMD overdrive and I am running pretty cold (below 50 c) also I ran a stability test in AMD overdrive at 4.2 ghz and I didnt crash but I got: calculation test hardware failure detected. Here are my parts and can I get any better than 4 ghz:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6F2hhM

Solution
1. Keep nb stock until you have found stable core clock.
2. Disable atleast apm/ automatic cpu voltge and set it to lowest stable voltage, on that motherboard 1.4volts is kinda high and the vrm's are propably quite toasty

keimo999

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
1. Keep nb stock until you have found stable core clock.
2. Disable atleast apm/ automatic cpu voltge and set it to lowest stable voltage, on that motherboard 1.4volts is kinda high and the vrm's are propably quite toasty

Solution

cratftierspace

Reputable
Nov 9, 2014

Im kinda new to this stuff and I had a feeling that waqs lots of volts how do i do this.

Update: I brought it to 1.2250 volts at 4 ghz and it gave me CLOCK_WATHCDOG_ERROR or something like this and a restart by windows

Update: I put the volts down to 1.3500 and is using all volts and is stable at 4 ghz

Update stable @ 4 ghz and 1.3375 volts or below was calculation test > hardware failure detected or restartcrash

Solution:
Its because i didnt enable unlocked cpu setting in bios