i7 860 + 380x. will I7 860 bottleneck 380x. Will it get better with realise direct 12?

Solution
The i7 860 might hold back the 380x a little bit in really CPU heavy games, eg. most of the open world stuff that has come out in the last year or so. DirectX 12 is supposed to reduce CPU overhead, and might alleviate the bottleneck, but we're only going to start to see titles that support it next year, and it probably won't be until 2017 that support for it will become standard across most games.

The old Lynnfield i5s and i7s are starting to get long in the tooth at this point and you probably should start looking into a platform upgrade at some point soon. The 380x will work with your current system, but expect to run into some framearate drops and stuttering on some of the newer titles.
The i7 860 might hold back the 380x a little bit in really CPU heavy games, eg. most of the open world stuff that has come out in the last year or so. DirectX 12 is supposed to reduce CPU overhead, and might alleviate the bottleneck, but we're only going to start to see titles that support it next year, and it probably won't be until 2017 that support for it will become standard across most games.

The old Lynnfield i5s and i7s are starting to get long in the tooth at this point and you probably should start looking into a platform upgrade at some point soon. The 380x will work with your current system, but expect to run into some framearate drops and stuttering on some of the newer titles.

Solution