OC FX-8320 guide

BaliShag

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Anyone have any tips on a reasonable OC goal for an FX-8320 on an ASUSTeK M5A99FX Pro r2.0 with a h110i gtx? I'm stilling at a stable 4.0 ghz with a max temp of 34c after an hour of IBT on max. Package temps 34c, socket 59c. My vcore is sitting at 1.308v. It's fluctuating between that and 1.296v. Can't figure out why but it's only momentarily and rare.

Solution
Turn off turbo mode, C&Q, and C1E and begin increasing the multi one click at a time. Test. Repeat. See how far you get on the multi alone.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Not sure. It may be the board or it may be the monitoring pgm. But the vcore is dynamic meaning it will fluctuate with CPU demand/usage. Are you OC'ing in BIOS or with AOD?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

If you have the option to disable spread spectrum in your BIOS, you might try that.
But I usually get as far as I can get with the multi alone (using IBT @ default settings), then begin increasing the vcore in as small an increment as allowed to regain stability with a unstable IBT result. Once I'm stable, I try for another multi increase. Then repeat as long as I can and as long as temps allow.

BaliShag

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Thanks again. I'm trying to learn about LLC and spread spectrum. I'm semi new to OC and have an idea of how to set up an OC that is stable but I'm changing settings I don't fully understand.... Time to read haha.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Then it is best to stay with the multi and core voltage for now. Disabling the above functions will help make it more stable.