HD 7750 and New Computer installation problems

mtntmhausler

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Hey all.

I have a Radeon HD 7750 graphics card. I bought a new Dell Inspiron 3847 with an Intel i5-4460 and HD Graphics 4600 and Windows 10. I put an Antec 450w PSU in before ever starting it up. Everything worked just fine.

Then, I tried to install the graphics card to no avail.

1. First, I installed the graphics card on the MOBO and booted the computer up. Nothing. I restarted and plugged my HDMI cable into the on-board graphics chip and received a message that said I needed to turn off my computer and plug my display cable into the new graphics card. I do this, and... nothing.

2. With card removed, I tried disabling/uninstalling drivers for the on-board graphics chip. I shut down and put in the graphics card. I did two things at this point: First, I tried booting with the HDMI cable plugged into my graphics card. Nothing. I restarted the whole process, making sure the on-board chip was disabled/drivers uninstalled without the card in. Then, I shut down, put the card back in, and this time booted with the HDMI plugged into the on-board graphics chip. Again, I received the message that I needed to shut down the computer, plug into the card it was detecting and reboot. Did this, again. No display.

3. I read elsewhere on this site to go into msconfig, set the computer to boot into safe mode with minimal options, shut down computer, install graphics card, and then turn it back on. I've tried this, and I still get the above mentioned message to plug into my new graphics card, and when I do I still receive no signal.

4. I have read that you can boot into BIOS and set your PCIe card slot as the primary graphics adapter. I possess no such option in my BIOS. I've tried looking for other options in Windows 8/10's new blue menu screen that you use to access all this stuff.

It would be good to note that I installed the Radeon Crimson software at some point in there. It doesn't seem I can install the driver's for the card without the card actually being in. The software detects what you have for graphics and installs drivers for whatever is present. Of course, nothing was present as I can't get any display from the card and on my on-board tells me to plug into my GPU.

Anybody have a fix for this? I would really appreciate any help at all in fixing this problem.

Thank you!