R9 380 30fps on Crysis 2??

abraham1493

Reputable
Dec 31, 2015
Hello all,

This Christmas I got some computer components and built my PC. So I downloaded an old game that I use to play in 2011-12, Crysis 2. I ran FRAPS to measure my FPS in game and I am only getting 30 FPS and sometimes it feels like the game is laggy. I am very disappointed in this performance but can return it because I already cut the label off the box for my rebate lol. I am thinking its maybe not the card. Maybe some bottle neck in my system?
I run 2 27 inch monitors but one is turned off when gaming. My system details are..

-MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition
-AMD FX 6300 6-core Black edition
-600w corsair psu
-corsair H80i GT water cooler
-Gigabyte Radeon R9 380 (Super Overclocked)
-8gb RAM

Any help finding out why my performance is doing so bad is GREATLY appreciated. I Might still try to return it to get the R9 390. I wanted to eventually run 3 monitors with crossfire 390 & 380, but with this performance I am thinking about upgrading the psu and running 2 r9 390 but thats later on. And my monitors are 1080p, if that helps.
Thank you for reading,

https://youtu.be/E925fC89MC4

Thought the video had my fps, but i guess it doesnt after the upload?

Solution
Crysis 2 is notorious for bad performance so it's probably the game and not the card. 390 would be a massive upgrade. I don't recommend crossfire 390s as your cpu will severely bottleneck the cards.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

if you are stuck at 30 then you must have half vsync or something similar turned on