650$ (600€) Gaming Build

crisnade

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
I've picked the best components for the price (portugal prices) and checked if everything is compatible.
Can you guys tell me if this is the best I can get for the price? I definitly can't go higher in price cause i've already climbed up a little, so no overpriced ideas pls ;)

List:
Nox NX200-----------------------------------------------------------29.90€
MSI B150M BAZOOKA---------------------------------------------------86.90€
Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz 3MB Sk1151--------------------------------137.90€
MSI GTX750 Ti TF OC 2GB---------------------------------------------139.90€
Gskill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600MHz 2x4GB---------------------------------48.90€
XFX TS 450W 80PLUS Bronze-------------------------------------------56.90€
Cooler CPU Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO------------------------------36.90€
Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA III 64MB------------------------------57.50€

I don't need an SSD, I don't need the Operative System included and I won't OC as you can see. Is the cooler needed??

Solution
You absolutely don't need an aftermarket cpu cooler as the stock cooler is more than enough for stock clocks and even for mild overclocks and also because of the fact that the cpu you chose is NOT overclockable.
Since you want to game on that build please go for a better Graphics Card(say a gtx 950) from the money you save by not going for the cpu cooler or whichever is the best GPU you can get with the money at hand(maybe a gtx 660 ti).
Don't skimp on the GPU if you want to play upcoming dx11/12 titles at decent settings and frames/sec.
Your CPU is fine as with the advent of dx12 the cpu overheard has taken a slump(GOOD THING FOR SYSTEMS WITH NO SO FAST CPUS RUNNING IN TANDEM WITH FAST GPUS as the cpu will be less of a bottleneck)...

fredfinks

Honorable
no , cooler not needed. put that money towards a GTX 960. 750ti is way too slow.
otherwise, a good budget build.

You should be able to just make the 960.
get an asus 110m-A mobo
500gb HDD if you have to.
or look on ebay for a 2nd hand 960.

tech_fanatic

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2015
You absolutely don't need an aftermarket cpu cooler as the stock cooler is more than enough for stock clocks and even for mild overclocks and also because of the fact that the cpu you chose is NOT overclockable.
Since you want to game on that build please go for a better Graphics Card(say a gtx 950) from the money you save by not going for the cpu cooler or whichever is the best GPU you can get with the money at hand(maybe a gtx 660 ti).
Don't skimp on the GPU if you want to play upcoming dx11/12 titles at decent settings and frames/sec.
Your CPU is fine as with the advent of dx12 the cpu overheard has taken a slump(GOOD THING FOR SYSTEMS WITH NO SO FAST CPUS RUNNING IN TANDEM WITH FAST GPUS as the cpu will be less of a bottleneck).
Also make sure your RAM is compatible with your mb(MSI B150M BAZOOKA) since it seems that your mb(MSI B150M BAZOOKA) supports only ddr4 while your cpu(i3-6100) supports ddr3l@1.35V(while ddr3 runs @ 1.5V) and ofcourse ddr4.

Solution

crisnade

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
So, thanks to tech_fanatic and fredfinks I think I know what to choose.
I will go with...

MSI H110M PRO-VH
i3 6100
msi gtx 950 gaming 2g
gskill ripjaws4 red ddr4-2133Mhz

Is it good?
By the way... I can't look on ebay for these components cause my father wants it from the local store.

fredfinks

Honorable
ok, i think youll find 1x 8gb of crucial DDR4 ram is cheaper (its also more reliable than gskill). you can always add another stick later if you ever need it.

id wash a few car windscreens for a few extra $ to get that 960. i recommend 960 as minimum or save your cash.

crisnade

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
Well, the 960 really breaks the budget limit and I can't spend more.
But that's a good idea if someone is willing to spend that extra credit.
If I go with the 950 this is what I have in mind for the final build.

Nox NX200
MSI H110M PRO-VH
Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz 3MB Sk1151
MSI GTX950 Gaming 2G
Crucial DDR4-2133MHz 4GB x 2
XFX TS 450W 80PLUS Bronze
Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA III 64MB

Thanks for the help guys!

tech_fanatic

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2015

Sorry for the late reply!:(

That's an awesome build for a very reasonable price and with that card you are good to go for atleast 3 years of modern AAA titles with very decent settings and frames/sec. The gtx 950 is a very efficient GPU which means that it consumes very less power for every frame it outputs, that also means that it will dissipate very less heat and that's great news because you can easily overclock it to achieve performance close to the gtx 960 for free.
And the best part of your build is that its very very upgradable in the future as the prices of DDR4 components(motherboard,RAM,) are only going to come down.
Nice build!