Is the R9 380 2GB good enough for 720p?

bacon4life

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
I'm building my first computer and all I need is the graphics card. I finally decided on the R9 380, but should I get the 2GB ($ 179.99) or the 4GB (218.39)?

I would like to be able to use ultra high settings for all of my games that I play like I said, at 720p.

Here is my system: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fTWhbv

Games I play:

Spintires

BeamNG.Drive

Black ops 2

Flight Simulator X

Rocket League

Should I just save up for the 4GB version for future games? Thanks!

Solution
I have One question:
Have you already purchased those parts from Pcpartpicker? If not I have suggestions: if you're only playing a few games consistently, dump the HDD And upgrade to a larger ssd, 240 gigs should be fine! Also, look into the Msi 970 gaming motherboard. Little more expensive but a lot of bang for the buck.
Now, to answer your question.
- I had one Xfx r9 380 4gb double dissipation card. (I cannot speak from the 2gb side but I hear the Msi one is good)
I play dirty bomb if you know that game (steam) and I get 60-120 fps in game, on super/custom settings on 1080p.
This card can handle any game on ultra settings in 720p I believe.
I actually went and purchased a second for crossfire because these cards are so cheap...

The realogkush912

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
I have One question:
Have you already purchased those parts from Pcpartpicker? If not I have suggestions: if you're only playing a few games consistently, dump the HDD And upgrade to a larger ssd, 240 gigs should be fine! Also, look into the Msi 970 gaming motherboard. Little more expensive but a lot of bang for the buck.
Now, to answer your question.
- I had one Xfx r9 380 4gb double dissipation card. (I cannot speak from the 2gb side but I hear the Msi one is good)
I play dirty bomb if you know that game (steam) and I get 60-120 fps in game, on super/custom settings on 1080p.
This card can handle any game on ultra settings in 720p I believe.
I actually went and purchased a second for crossfire because these cards are so cheap!
They are good cards for the money, good starter cards, and with the right setup and overclock, I believe they can run 4K.
(My gpu never gets over 45 degrees in a medium cooled case)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS