FX 6300 high idle temps

Got a new FX 6300 the other day, installed my old cooler master v6 gt and started doing some overclocking. I set voltage at 1.3 and turned off all power saving features. 21.5 multiplier in the bios for 4.3 ghz. Shows stable according to Intel burn test, 10 passes.

Components

FX 6300
Gigabyte 970a-ud3
Radeon 7950
Evga 600b
8gb go kill ripjaws at 1600
Cooler master storm scout case.

The twist is I have an older fx 8120. I ran that in the same board for about 2 years. In that time it seems like it would idle in the 20s. I had it clocked at 4ghz, even 4.2 for a while and it seems like it didn't run as hot. Maybe I had a golden chip?

The v6 gt is set up as a push pull, for those that aren't familiar, it's a little bigger than the evo 212.

Max temps under Intel burn test is 51. If I play assassin's creed unity for a while it seems to top out at 54. Want to push it to 4.5 but don't want to push temps to high and that just seems to high on that cooler.

Paste used was arctic silver 5. Probably has not cured yet though as I just got it all set up yesterday.

Also, using hwmonitor to monitor temps. All overclocking done via the bios, which is non uefi.

Safe temps for FX, as defined by AMD are temps under 70C, 70C being the thermal limit. With that said most like to keep load temps under 62C. So full load as long as your temps are under 60C your totally fine. Really you may get another 100Mhz overclocking but if you want to push higher you'll need a better cooler than the V6 your currently using.

70C is the thermal max for FX processors @ 75C the processor should be shutting down to preserve itself. If that safety setting is disabled you risk permanent damage to the processor.

Yeah I don't like to go over 60. May try to get a little higher, but if I have to stay at 4.3 oh well. Thought I've heard of people getting better overclocks with a 212 evo. Figured the gt would do better. Not been a bad cooler though. Anyone try to add using the front side bus?

Also, thank you everyone for the info.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of love and respect for the Hyper 212 EVO and have used them in many customer rigs and my own personal rig for years. I finally had to upgrade past the 212 EVO because I really wanted to see what my FX 8370 could do. I went with the H100i (actually I have the H100i GTX but don't think there is really a difference). I have to say I've been happy with liquid cooling as I recently hit 5.5Ghz @ 1.53V all 8 cores, temps haven't gone over 62C (Prime 95 blend). I can get 5.6Ghz @ 1.55V stable as well but the temp goes up to around 65C and I'm not comfortable with that. I am thinking about trying a custom loop to see if I can hit 6Ghz, but that may not happen for awhile. While I was still using my Hyper 212 EVO I was able to hit 4.6Ghz totally stable with temps under 62C all 8 cores (Prime 95 blend), which is quite impressive for a single tower air cooler.

Really I would suggest getting the NH-D14 or NH-D15 coolers over the Hyper 212 EVO (even though I do love the 212). Your temps are a little high for a 6300 @ 1.3 V and I don't think you could push to 1.5V with a 212. I still wonder if I went the right route with getting liquid cooling as you always have the possibility of a coolant leak, or the pump failing which can destroy a system (especially an extreme overclocked one) in a matter of seconds. The NH-D15 has cooling capabilities to rial the H100i and being a dual tower air cooler there are no pumps to fail or coolant that can leak. If your system has the room to fit the NH-D14 / D15 I would highly recommend spending the extra now and getting a really big upgrade to your cooling. I don't know what clock overclock you would get with your 6300 but with the D14 or D15 you shouldn't have any trouble hitting 1.5V so your overclock would depend on what clock speed you can hit at 1.5V (I would estimate ~ 4.7Ghz).

Yeah I'm probably just going to go as far as the current setup allows. I like the 6300, but going to start putting $$ aside for zen. So don't think that all the money into the liquid setup would be worth the trouble. If zen isn't good, maybe I'll switch to Intel. Though I'd hate to after 17 years using amd's.