GT 740 drivers causing BSOD

I'll preface this with the fact that I fixed the issue (I Hope!), so this is less of a question, rather more of a "anyone had the same experience?"

I was upgrading a PC yesterday with a new case, PSU and I added a GT 740. All was well, installed the graphics drivers from the supplied disc and went about my merry way.

After that, once I cleaned up the cabling a little, I got the machine online and got the very latest graphics drivers from the GeForce site (Version 361.43 if anyone cares).

Then began benchmarks - Cinebench went off without a hitch, and then I started 3D Mark...that's when I hit a BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED screen. After that I rebooted and was greeted with "A disk read error occurred".

After swearing, sweating and pondering for a while I cheked all my cabling, made sure the RAM was seated correctly...I even swapped out the RAM for another stick, but still got the "A disk read error occurred".

So, then I took out the GPU, and the machine booted without issue. So, I put the GPU back in, and decided to uninstall all the graphics drivers and re-install them from the disc.

I didn't then get the latest from the GeForce site though, just what was on the disc. After that, all was well with 3D Mark (I ran it twice)

So, anyone seen something like this before? Should I be wary of updating the graphics drivers every time the machine begs me to (which it has already)?

TL;DR version - can the latest drivers from GeForce for the GT 740 (driver Version 361.43) cause BSOD and disk read errors?

Solution
Yes it can cause bsod. I never keep up to date anymore. Neither company can keep things stable every release. Try 359.06.