i5-4460 Speedfan and BIOS say 0 RPM but the stock fan is spinning

Vilem_

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
i5-4460 Speedfan and BIOS say 0 RPM but the fan is spinning

MB: MSI Z87-G41 Pc Mate

How can I control the stock fan speed on my i5-4460? Tried SpeedFan and BIOS, but doesnt work, still say 0 RPM

Solution
Did you connect the fan cable to the CPU header? your fan should have a 4 pin connector, make sure your connected it to the motherboard with the corresponding 4 pin header

maugusto

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Did you connect the fan cable to the CPU header? your fan should have a 4 pin connector, make sure your connected it to the motherboard with the corresponding 4 pin header

Solution

Vilem_

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Thank you thats exactly what I did, I had it for almost a month in wrong in SYSFAN 3. So now it is in correct one CPU1 but when i set the minimum CPU fan usage in my BIOS to 90 percent, it spins only for around 1776 RPM and when it was default 25 percent it spinned around 900 RPM, but I can tell that this aint no 90 percent, cause the sound aint loud enough and it definitely aint the military jet sound I get for couple seconds when the PC starts. So I still havent found the answer for my question: How to take control of my Stock CPU cooler?

maugusto

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
well from my experience, I have almost the same as Gigabyte Fan control sistem (that it really sucks) so the best solution i use it the utility software that is on the manufacturer website + you can monitor your volvages with more accuracy then with other programs. for example on my current system if i use CPUID HWMonitor to see voltages or other thins every value is wrong