i7 4790 stock

Solution
Aftermarket coolers are only needed if you will overclock.
Or... if you want quieter operation since stock coolers use fast spinning 92mm fans which can get noisy.
Nothing wrong with the i7-4790 stock.
But, the i7-4790K running at stock is faster(4.0 vs 3.6) and the price premium is small.

depending on your budget, and what you want the cpu for, I suspect there are better options for you than a 4790.

Interesting video, but you must realize that amd processors use older, larger manufacturing nodes and run much hotter, necessitating stronger stock coolers.
Aftermarket coolers are only needed if you will overclock.
Or... if you want quieter operation since stock coolers use fast spinning 92mm fans which can get noisy.
Nothing wrong with the i7-4790 stock.
But, the i7-4790K running at stock is faster(4.0 vs 3.6) and the price premium is small.

depending on your budget, and what you want the cpu for, I suspect there are better options for you than a 4790.

Interesting video, but you must realize that amd processors use older, larger manufacturing nodes and run much hotter, necessitating stronger stock coolers.

Solution
Okay look i want to get a better cpu and stick it in and leave it there for a good few years and with the stock cooler if i can. I'm flickering through forums trying to find and answer here.

I have an i5 4460 right now which runs at 60 Celsius while gaming with the stock and idles 30 while browsing and now sadly the cpu isn't powerful enough to play the big new open world games but the i7 4790 is.

So i want to get that and if the stock cooler will keep the temp decent and away from its max temp then i will go with the stock.

I would like a defiant answer as everyone keeps saying different things, i'm confused and just want a simple answer.

That video is... meh. The three coolers he compared for AMD are from different platforms. The one without the copper core is from a older AMD platform, the one with the copper core is from the newer AMD platform (normally comes with the Athlon II or APUs) and the one with heatpipes was designed for the high end Phenom IIs and FX series.

Aside from that, the stock cooler is fine since you wont be overclocking. With proper air flow it will keep the CPU within noirmal operational temperature range.

In terms of performance, there is a speed difference. The i7 4790 has a base speed of 3.6GHz and boosts to 4GHz while the 4790K runs at 4GHz for a base and boosts to 4.4GHz. So you wont get the same performance.

Why does everyone think that GHZ is a BIG factor, its the architecture that makes the CPU doesn't it not how much HZ's.

Its still faster than my i5 and i'm happy for the cpu just to get to 4GHZ when it boosts and it has 8 threads which will help me a lot with all my windows open on the desktop. It will certainly be and improvement right??

No one is saying that. I am, however, stating that the clock speed advantage will make a bit of a difference. Not a ton but enough that it would be noticeable in benchmarks.

And GHz is not the end all be all but Haswell is a very good uArch and the more clock speed you can give it, the better it is.

The i7 4790 will perform better than what you have but you did ask if at stock settings that the 4790K would perform better and it will.

Your current i5-4460 runs at 3.2
Your options with the same lga1150 motherboard and haswell architecture are:
4690 3.50
4790 3.6
4790K 4.0
Each can run at a higher turbo of about 10% more.
All will come with a stock intel cooler which will do the job of cooling.
The stock cooler can be tricky to install properly.
If that is a problem, buy a noctua cooler which has the simplest foolproof mounting method.
The NH-U12s has a 120mm fan and is very good.

The increase in capability is really not all that great.

For games that need fast cores, a bigger change is needed.
One can buy a binned skylake i5-6600K which can run at 4.9 when overclocked.
The skylake architecture is supposed to be 5-10% faster per clock than the previous haswell architecture.
That is today as good as you can do. The skylake z170 motherboard will accommodate the upcoming kaby lake follow on processors which are supposed to be even faster.