212 evo runing at 60 degrees at idle??

Solution
The backplate is mounted correctly.

First thing I would recommend is to go into your BIOS and check the temperature there. The reading from AMD's software is tricky. Thermal Margin isn't the current temperature reading, but it's the difference between your current temperature and the maximum temperature. So in other words, your CPU is 60C from its maximum and you're fine.

G-star93

Honorable
Oct 19, 2014
what's your case and how many fans do you have? How did you applied thermal paste, and not long ago couple of days back some dude had the same problem with the same cooler, turns out he didn't have right backplate on the back of the motherboard mounted on like i said, so the cooler didn't had good contact with cpu.

hermantset

Honorable
Sep 7, 2014
The backplate is mounted correctly.

First thing I would recommend is to go into your BIOS and check the temperature there. The reading from AMD's software is tricky. Thermal Margin isn't the current temperature reading, but it's the difference between your current temperature and the maximum temperature. So in other words, your CPU is 60C from its maximum and you're fine.

Solution

lowc

Reputable
May 28, 2014
You must have installed something incorrectly..
I have installed it 2 days ago (replaced stock one for i7 4771). Because mine is LGA1150 socket I had to use middle spots for screws (and also 4 screws I had to use were the larger ones and not the 4 little ones). That depends on the CPU/socket you are using. My temps dropped at iddle to 28-31(before 35+) and at full load to 50-54 (before i was hitting also max load temp 72). Make sure you've tightened everything as much as it can go and when you try to move cooler clockwise/rotate it does NOT move.