9590 to i5 6600k

Blazing Glory

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
How much performance can i expect to gain from games going from a fx 9590 to a overclocked i5 6600k at 4.6ghz also what would be the best motherboard for it.
Specs
CPU FX-9590
Gpu R9-290
Mobo asrock extreme9 990FX
Ram DDR3 1866 G Skill Ripjaw X
PSU EVGA G2 1300 PSU
CLC Kraken X61
HDD dont remeber the name

Solution
Can't say verbatim, as it'll depend heavily on the game in question and what's happening on the screen at any given moment. On average I'd expect 5-20% better frames. Though I'd wager the minimum frame rate would be the real winner. Which should honestly be anyone's main concern

sammy sung

Distinguished
Some mild to moderate gaming improvements, trading punches with more threaded apps. A lot less heat created and a much smaller power draw. Also the Z170 boards are pretty cool, not gonna lie.

Draw backs are you'd obviously need the processor and mobo swap, but also new DDR4 memory as well.

Blazing Glory

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

How much would mild to moderate be?
And yeah that switch is going to hurt the wallet

sammy sung

Distinguished
Can't say verbatim, as it'll depend heavily on the game in question and what's happening on the screen at any given moment. On average I'd expect 5-20% better frames. Though I'd wager the minimum frame rate would be the real winner. Which should honestly be anyone's main concern

Solution